Lemon Cashew Cream Avocado Toast
By Christina Jeffrey
Avocado toast is not only for hipsters, but for humans in general! It's something a little lighter and honestly will never get old for me. It's one of my all time favourites!
Crushed avocado on top of fresh seed bread with cashew cream, olive oil, micro-greens, lemon zest, sea salt and fresh milled pepper.
It's so easy to make, so delicious and very healthy for you too! If your hosting some friends or family for a weekend brunch, it's such a simple way to impress them and make them feel extra special.
I have come up with three different ways for you to try #avocadotoast, and I am so excited to share them with you. I wanted to have something light and fun but elevated to make special for summer. The traditional way to make avocado toast is good bread, avocado, lemon and sea salt. Very simple and delicious. However, these versions I am sharing with you will take it to a whole other level keeping the preparation simple but making it super special.
I posted the Wheat Berry Garlic Basil Avocado Toast a couple weeks ago, but I just had to share this Lemon Cashew Cream Avocado Toast I have come up with for you to try. I have been making these recipes for a year now and love them all the more every time I make them.
Today, what makes this recipe, Lemon Cashew Cream Avocado Toast, so remarkable is the cashew cream! Wow, what a beautiful richness it provides. The assortment of flavours of the avocado and cashew cream with some fresh lemon zest is such a beautiful combination. You could always top this with an poached or fried egg too. If your hosting some friends or family for a weekend brunch, it's such a simple way to impress them and make them feel extra special.
Here’s how to pull this toast together:
1. start with some fresh crusty #seedbread
2. brush both sides with some olive oil and place in a pan to toast
3. spread on some #avocado, drizzle with some #cashewcream
4. then drizzle with the #oliveoil
5. top with the micro-greens
6. a sprinkle of some lemon zest and a little squeeze of lemon too
7. finish with flaky sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
This is so quick, simple, fresh, #healthy and honestly one of my favourite meals to serve anytime of the day. I could eat this for #breakfast, #lunch, or for a #lightdinner. It’s perfect for any time of the day.
Once you try this it’s going to become your new go to avocado toast for the summer.
If you make this Lemon Cashew Cream Avocado Toast, please tag me on social media. I will do my best to answer any questions and would love to get your comments.
For more ideas like this follow me at @urbanbakerco on #instagram or #facebook to get updates on my blog and don't forget to sign up for my personal e-mail list below. #avocadotoast #cashewcream #vegan #veganbreakfast #entrepreneur.
THE RECIPE | Urban Baker Co.
1 slice of fresh crusty seed bread
1 avocado smashed
drizzle of cashew cream (store bought or see link for my homemade recipe)
drizzle of olive oil
bunch of micro-greens
zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
1. Start with some fresh crusty seed bread
2. Brush both sides with some olive oil and place in a pan to toast
3. Spread on some avocado, drizzle with some cashew cream
4. Then drizzle with the olive oil
5. Top with the micro-greens, a sprinkle of lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice
6. Finish with flaky sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper