Balsamic Fig Honey Pine Nut & Mascarpone Pizza
By Christina Jeffrey
Craving a fantastic pizza? Guess what, it's gluten free!
This soft gluten free pizza crust is topped with mascarpone cheese, figs, toasted pine nuts, honey, arugula in a maple balsamic dressing and drizzled with a balsamic glaze.
This Balsamic Fig Honey Pine Nut and Mascarpone Pizza will definitely satisfy that pizza craving! Pizza night is a favourite in our household, and during the pandemic we made homemade pizza weekly. For those that like a tomato base regular crust pizza with lots of cheese, I have a beautiful one coming in a couple weeks for you. However today I wanted to offer you a healthier option that I think you will want to try. We can all get very creative with our toppings for pizza but honestly I always want a great crust to put those toppings on top of. A lot of gluten free crusts aren't flavourful and are very hard. This gluten free crust is soft and has a touch of honey and olive oil in it to make if very tasty.
If you make this Balsamic Fig Honey Pine Nut and Mascarpone Pizza, please tag me on social media. I will do my best to answer any questions and would love to get your comments.
For more ideas like this follow me at @urbanbakerco on #instagram or #facebook to get updates on my blog and don't forget to sign up for my personal e-mail list below. #pizza #glutenfree #glutenfreepizza #pizzanight
THE RECIPE | Urban Baker Co.
Gluten Free Pizza Crust: (or store bought)
2 1/2 Tbsp yeast
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups warm water
4 cups gluten free flour
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp honey
fresh figs - quartered
toasted pine nuts
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1. Place pizza stone in cold oven and set oven to 450 degrees
2. In small bowl add warm water and sprinkle in the sugar and yeast. Set aside and let yeast proof (activate) for 10 minutes.
3. In large bowl add gluten free flour with olive oil and honey. Add activated yeast and mix with fork until combined. Place on floured surface and kneed for 10 minutes. Place in large bowl that is greased with olive oil and cover with damp towel. Let rest for 1 to 2 hours until risen.
4. Remove dough from bowl and place on lightly floured parchment paper This dough will be different then your traditional pizza dough and cannot me handled too much. Once on the parchment paper roll out with floured rolling pin until thin. Leave pizza dough on the parchment paper and place on pizza pan. Slide the parchment paper and pizza from the pizza pan onto the pizza stone in the oven. Bake for 7 minutes.
5. Open the oven and slightly lift the pizza dough to be able to pull the parchment paper out from underneath the pizza dough. Spread the Mascarpone cheese onto the pizza dough and bake for an additional 3 minutes.
6. In a small mixing bowl combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil and maple syrup. Whisk until combined, set aside.
7. In a medium size mixing bowl add arugula with the balsamic vinaigrette.
8. Top pizza with arugula, fresh figs, toasted pine nuts and drizzle with honey and balsamic glaze.