Gluten & Dairy Free Spicy Chicken Fingers
By Christina Jeffrey
Welcome to October! Now that we are moving fully into fall, you may be in need of a fun healthy week night meal for your family. These gluten and dairy free Spicy Chicken Fingers have lots of flavour and a great crunch.
The chicken is dipped in coconut milk, and then dipped in a mixture of gluten free cornflakes, gluten free crackers and a beautiful blend of spices.
Perfect for a game night or even a quick week night meal while all keeping it on the healthier side. Bake them until crispy and serve with veggies and a cool ranch dip. Even for those kiddos that are picky about what they eat, they will love these!
If you make these Gluten & Dairy Free Spicy Chicken Fingers, please tag me on social media. I will do my best to answer any questions and would love to get your comments.
For more ideas like this follow me at @urbanbakerco on #instagram or #facebook to get updates on my blog and don't forget to sign up for my personal e-mail list below. #veganrecipes #glutenfreerecipes #dairyfreerecipes #healthyfood #healthylifestyle #haltonfoodie #oakvillefoodie #burlingtonfoodie #torontofoodie
THE RECIPE | Urban Baker Co.
4 to 6 boneless breasts of chicken sliced in long strips
1 cup coconut milk
2 cups gluten free cornflakes finely crushed
1 cup gluten free crackers finely crushed
2 tsp smoked paprika
1/8 to 1/4 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
sea salt & pepper to taste
Grape seed oil
Ranch Dill Dressing:
2 garlic cloves minced
1/2 cup olive oil mayo
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1 1/2 tsp lime juice
2 Tbsp ranch seasoning (see below)
1/4 tsp paprika
2 tsp fresh parsley chopped
1 tsp fresh chives chopped
1/2 tsp fresh dill chopped
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt & pepper
Cucumber, Carrots, Celery, Fennel
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place coconut milk in medium size bowl. Mix crushed cornflakes, crushed crackers and spices together in another medium size bowl. Dip chicken in coconut milk and roll in coating. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat until all chicken is covered with coating.
3. In large frying pan heat enough grape seed oil tocover bottom of pan over medium heat. Once heated place coated chicken fingers in oil to brown on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Do in batches and set on parchment lined baking sheet.
4. Place browned chicken fingers in oven and bake for 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and coating is nice and crispy.
5. Place all ingredients for Ranch Dill Dressing into small bowl. Set aside.
6. Place chicken fingers on serving platter with veggies & ranch dill dip and serve.