Gluten Free Crispy Breaded Cod Fish Tacos
By Christina Jeffrey
We may be nearing the end of summer, but we can do it right with these gluten free Crispy Breaded Cod Fish Tacos.
Serve them on corn tortillas with arugula, red cabbage, mango, lime juice, and cilantro.
I love a really good fish taco, however I don't love the deep fried breading that restaurants usually put on the fish. So I came up with my own healthy version that's gluten free! They are not only delicious but light and extremely flavourful! The fish has been breaded with a gluten free flour, some egg and gluten free bread crumbs. Place in the oven and bake until crispy. Dip them in this garlic aioli for an added richness and you have a delicious easy week night meal. (If you can't find gluten free bread crumbs then take a few pieces of a good gluten free bread and grind them in your food processor until they are finely chopped. They will keep well in a Ziploc bag in the fridge for a month).
If you make these Gluten Free Crispy Breaded Cod Fish Tacos, please tag me on social media. I will do my best to answer any questions and would love to get your comments.
For more ideas like this follow me at @urbanbakerco on #instagram or #facebook to get updates on my blog and don't forget to sign up for my personal e-mail list below. #cod #tacos #fishtacos #glutenfree #glutenfreerecipes #healthylifestyle #healthyfood #entrepreneur
THE RECIPE | Urban Baker Co.
4 fillets of cod (or white fish of choice)
1 cup gluten free flour
1 cup gluten free bread crumbs
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup grape seed oil
Mango Lime Coleslaw with Arugula:
1/2 cup arugula
1/2 cup red cabbage thinly sliced
2 mangoes peeled and thinly sliced
juice of 1 lime
salt to taste
1/3 cup cilantro
1. Set oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place flour on a large plate. Place eggs, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl and whisk to combine. Place bread crumbs on a large plate.
3. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and arrange the flour, egg mixture and bread crumbs in a row beside the baking sheet. With a fork dip the fish fillet into the flour ensuring it is completely covered and shake off the excess. Then dip the fish into the egg mixture and dip into the bread crumbs and ensure the fish is covered completely. Place on the baking sheet and repeat these steps with the remaining fillets of fish.
4. Heat grape seed oil in a large deep frying pan. Heat over medium to high heat. Add breaded fish for about 3 to 4 minutes each side until browned and crispy.
5. Place fish on a new baking sheet and place in oven to cook for approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for the Mango Lime Coleslaw and Arugula, set aside.
7. Place tortillas on a heated grill or fry pan for 1 minute per side to warm.
8. Place a tortilla on a plate with the breaded fish, top with garlic aioli and Mango Lime Coleslaw with Arugula and serve.