Smokey Beef Chili
By Christina Jeffrey
It's a Chili kind of night and this recipe will be perfect for an easy weeknight meal.
This smokey beef chili can be prepared in the slow cooker or on the stove top.
Saute onions, red pepper, and garlic with olive oil, add in the organic grass fed ground beef (or turkey if you prefer) to brown. Then simmer with chicken broth, San Marzano tomatoes, red kidney beans, tomatoes, basil, some smokey spices and season with salt and pepper.
If you make this Smokey Beef Chili, please tag me on social media. I will do my best to answer any questions and would love to get your comments. #chili #beefchili #fallfood #comfortfood #haltonfoodie #oakvillefoodie #burlingtonfoodie #torontofoodie #blogger #haltonblogger #burlingtonblogger #oakvilleblogger #torontoblogger
THE RECIPE | Urban Baker Co.
2 lbs lean ground beef
1/4 cup olive oil
1 - 15 ounce can kidney or black beans
1 - 28 ounce bottle of crushed San Marzano tomatoes
1 box cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
1 red pepper, finely chopped
1 sweet onion, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
2 cups chicken broth
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp oregano, finely chopped
1 tsp basil, finely chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
1. Place large pot over medium heat with enough water to just cover bottom of pan. Place sweet onion and red pepper in pot to simmer until translucent about 3 to 5 minutes. Add olive oil with minced garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
2. Add ground beef to pot and cook until browned, breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
3. Add the beans, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, brown sugar and all the spices.
4. Turn up heat to high and bring to a boil. Let simmer over low heat for 30 to 45 minutes until chili thickens.
5. Serve with green onions, or chives, shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla chips.