Light Lunch Avocado Asparagus Egg Salad
By Christina Jeffrey
the Flavours of summer are truly captured in this Avocado Asparagus Egg Salad.
Fresh asparagus, avocado, corn, with dill and basil. Topped with a tangy lemon olive oil dressing.
There is so much flavour in this salad. It’s perfect for lunch, a light dinner or a side salad with burgers or a skewer of grilled black tiger shrimp. Enjoy summer with flavours like this.
If you make this Avocado Asparagus Salad, please tag me on social media. I will do my best to answer any questions and would love to get your comments.
For more ideas like this follow me at @urbanbakerco on #instagram or #facebook to get updates on my blog and don't forget to sign up for my personal e-mail list below. #summersalad #avocado #asparagus #avocadoasparagussalad #lightlunch #summerfood #healthyfood #healthyliving #blogger #haltonblogger #torontoblogger #burlingtonblogger #oakvilleblogger #foodblogger
THE RECIPE | Urban Baker Co.
1 bunch fresh asparagus
2 cups corn
2 ripe avocados chopped
1 lemon (juiced)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup chopped dill
1 tsp basil
salt & pepper (to taste)
1. Bring a pot of hot water to boil. Place eggs gently in pot for 10 minutes. Remove from pot and let cool. Once cooled remove shells and cut lengthwise in half.
2. Heat grill and set to medium heat.
3. Wash asparagus and snap ends off. Place in bowl and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Place on grill turning often for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from grill and set aside.
4. Cook or grill corn and remove from husk.
5. Chop avocado, basil and dill. Place avocado in a bowl or on a platter with the egg, asparagus and corn.
6. In a small bowl add lemon juice, olive oil, basil, dill, salt and pepper stir to combine and pour over salad.