Roasted Butternut Squash & Grilled Shrimp Salad
By Christina Jeffrey
Fall salads provide us with the Warmth of fall but the feeling of light meals from summer.
This Roasted Butternut Squash and Grilled Shrimp Salad is very simply satisfying. Roasted butternut squash and grilled lemon pepper black tiger shrimp on a bed of arugula, with goat cheese and dressed with a champagne vinegrette.
Entertainment worthy for sure, but simple enough for a weekend lunch with your family and friends. This is one to definitely add to your recipe box!
If you make this Roasted Butternut Squash and Grilled Shrimp Salad, please tag me on social media. I will do my best to answer any questions and would love to get your comments.
For more ideas like this follow me at @urbanbakerco on #instagram or #facebook to get updates on my blog and don't forget to sign up for my personal e-mail list below. #fallsalad #roastedbutternutsquash #blacktigershrimp #champagnevinegrette #fallfood #falleating #glutenfree #dairyfree #glutenfreerecipes #haltonfoodie #haltonfood #torontofood #torontofoodie #oakvillefood #oakvillefoodie #burlingtonfood #burlingtonfoodie #burlingtonlocalbusiness
THE RECIPE | Urban Baker Co.
1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 pound black tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup grape seed oil
2 tsp sea salt
Lemon Pepper Seasoning:
2 Tbsp grape seed oil
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp minced onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp minced garlic
3 Tbsp champagne vinegar
sea salt & fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel, seed and chop butternut squash in a medium size bowl. Mix butternut squash with the grape seed oil and sea salt. Place on parchment lined baking sheet in oven to roast for 40 minutes or until soft to touch with a fork.
3. Heat grill to medium temperature.
4. Peel and devein shrimp. Place in plastic bag with lemon pepper seasoning. Place in fridge.
5. Mix ingredients for champagne vinaigrette together in small bowl and set aside.
6. Place shrimp on grill and cook 2 to 3 minutes each side until turn pink and cooked through.
7. Wash arugula and place in bowl and toss with champagne vinaigrette. Place on serving platter.
8. Place grilled shrimp, butternut squash, and goat cheese on salad and serve.