Cajun Brown Sugar Wings With Ranch Dill Dip
By Christina Jeffrey
these wings are not only spicy but sweet too. Yes, spicy and sweet! Could it possibly get any better then this! These Cajun Brown Sugar Wings are perfect for a Friday Evening or weekend get together with friends.
Don't forget the ranch dill dip, it makes a beautiful accompaniment to these wings. Made with herbs of parsley, dill and chives fresh from my herb garden.
The wings are very easy to prepare. They are tossed in a cajun spice and baked to keep them on the healthier side. Then baked a second time after tossing them in this Brown Sugar Sauce which is so delicious! Dip them in my Ranch Dill Dip which provides a beautiful combination with the spicy sweet wings.
If you make these Cajun Brown Sugar Wings and the Ranch Dill Dip, please tag me on social media. I will do my best to answer any questions and would love to get your comments.
For more ideas like this follow me at @urbanbakerco on #instagram or #facebook to get updates on my blog and don't forget to sign up for my personal e-mail list below. #wings #fridaynightdinner #ranchdip #sweetandspicy #cajunwings🍗
THE RECIPE | Urban Baker Co.
Cajun Seasoning: (for 24 wings)
2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
pepper (to taste)
Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce:
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
Ranch Dill Dip:
2 garlic cloves minced
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1 1/2 tsp lime juice
2 Tbsp ranch seasoning (see below)
1/4 tsp paprika
2 tsp parsley
1 tsp chives
1/2 tsp salt & pepper
1/2 tsp dill
1/2 tsp onion powder
1. Set oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix seasoning ingredients for wings in small separate bowl and set aside.
3. Place wings in medium size bowl and mix with 2 tbsp of grape seed oil.
4. Mix wings with cajun seasoning and place on baking sheet. Bake in oven until crispy, approximately 45 to 60 minutes.
5. Mix all ingredients in small bowl for Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce and set aside.
6. Place all ingredients for ranch seasoning and in small separate bowl, set aside.
7. Place all ranch dill dip ingredients in medium size bowl and add ranch seasoning, mix until combined. Place in fridge. This can be made a couple hours ahead. Place at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
8. When wings are cooked and crispy, remove from oven and place in a medium size bowl. Mix the Brown Sugar BBQ sauce with wings until covered thoroughly. Place wings back in oven for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until sauce has baked on to the wings.
9. Remove wings from oven and serve with ranch dill dip.